Trace Adkins will perform an Armed Forces Day Concert on Saturday, May 15, 2021. Multi-Platinum country music singer Trace Adkins will headline this year’s concert FREE at Fort Sill’s Polo Field. According to Fort Sill news, this concert means a lot and it will be open to the general public at the military base.
The concert will kick off on Saturday, May 15, 2021, at the Fort Sill Polo Field. Gates open at 6 p.m., Fort Sill’s own 77th Army Band will perform at 6:30 p.m. scheduled for the same day, and special guest the Powell Brothers will take the concert stage at 7:20 p.m, and then the headliner Trace Adkins.
Trace Adkins’ Country Music Career
Adkins has been a top country musician for the past two decades, having put his singles and albums on sale since his cradle days in the music world. Trace Adkins has sold over 11 million albums and released over 200 singles all through his music career. Besides, he has won countless Academy of Country Music awards and has been nominated for multiple Grammy awards.
About the Powell Brothers
If you are just hearing about the Powell brothers for the first time, relax we’ve got the best news on them. The Powell brothers believed to be performing alongside Trace Adkins on the Armed Forces Day are a country music duo made up of Taylor Powell (lead vocals, guitar, bass) and Blake Powell (vocals, bass, guitar).
Trace Adkins Armed Forces Day Concert
According to the Fort Sill news release, the concert will follow strict precautions to curb the spread of Coronavirus, including social distancing circles marked on the ground in the general seating area. The marked circles are designed to accommodate groups of four with six feet of space between the circles.
Things to Know Before Going for the Armed Forces Day Concert
Patrons are advised to go through Gate 2, off of Rogers Lane, for special event entry and parking. A valid driver’s license or military ID will be needed as parking will be in Conklin Field.
Entering and Parking Space
A Fort Sill visitor pass will not be issued for people going through Gate 2 for the concert. However, for those coming through different routes, you will need a Fort Sill pass.
Important notice for everyone attending the Armed Forces Day Concert
• Weapons are prohibited in the arena. (This includes small knives, leatherman tools, etc.).
• Professional cameras or recording devices such as laptops, iPads, and tablets are prohibited.
• Except for service animals, no pets, glass, fireworks, or Frisbees are allowed within the premises.
• Coolers and similar containers will not be permitted in the arena.
• Refreshments and food are available at the concert concessions; by default, no other refreshment will be allowed in the concert arena.
• Purses, folding chairs, and like items will be checked at the event entry point.
• Public consumption of alcoholic beverages is to be restricted to the concert area only.
•At the Concert Venue
• Everyone must be on their masks unless while eating or drinking.
• Maintaining physical distancing is nonnegotiable – at least 6 feet apart from others.
• Additional hand sanitation stations will be placed at the venue to encourage hand wash during the event.
Keep checking Country Music Lane for daily country music and concert updates, plus more Trace Adkins news.
Photo credit: Trace Adkins Instagram
[…] Adkins continued to nurture his dreams of becoming a musician while performing at local venues whenever possible. Luckily for […]